Top menu >> Commissions >> Commission variables
Beyond the provided options in the upload matrix RPM allows you to bring in any other variables (data) from your commission spreadsheet (eg: install date, invoice date, term, address etc.). By bringing the data into your RPM subscription you can report on it and if you want show the data to your agents.
More on this please read the article: What are Item variables and what can you use them for?
Click + Add an item variable.
1. Variable: Name of variable can be entered here.
2. Type: If you are not sure which one applies to your variable you can choose either 'Code' or 'Text'.
3. Note: Any notes pertaining to the variable.
4. Security: For Staff only to see or Not hidden for agents. When you choose Not hidden, the variable will show as a header on the commission statement excel download.
5. Enforce allowed values: Enter a list of values that it is allowed to have. If someone tries to import a commission item or add or edit a commission item with a different value it will display an error.
6. Copy to a custom field: If you have custom fields setup you can choose on commission import to copy the value to a customer, location, account custom field (Copy to a custom field).
You are almost done, last step is to Edit the upload matrix and you will see your newly created item variable at the bottom of the matrix, you can now paste the same value right next to it to complete the mapping.